Friday, April 18, 2008

Found Art

I love creating art from found objects. Using objects one finds in the street, the woods or in junk yards presents an interesting challenge and also serves as a way to recycle items that would otherwise clutter up our earth.

The Cactus Gallery in L.A. is currently hosting an exhibit entitled "Found" that features art made from found objects. I wish I could attend the exhibit because I am sure it will not only be interesting but inspiring as well. Alas, a trip to L.A. is not in my immediate future though so I guess I'll have to make do with
reading about the exhibit and perhaps begining work on a creation of my own Found art. It's a beautiful spring day so getting outside to canvas the area for found objects is a good idea. I think I'll go put on my walking shoes, grab a large basket and go wandering. Who knows what I might find.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

As mama use to say, "If ya don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!"