Thursday, September 4, 2008

5 A Day the Easy Way...

As you've probably noticed I'm not much of a blogger. The fact is it's summertime and I'm outdoors 99.9% of the time. Our season here is so short that every day is precious, not to be wasted on indoor pursuits. That's what winter in New England is for (those of you who think winter in New England is for skiing, snowboarding or other such body numbing experiences are dead wrong!) When the winds our howling and the temperature plummets that's the time to be inside snuggled beneath a warm blanket with a cat curled up next to you for company. The time for reflection and sharing. For blogging!

However, I realize that posting only a few times a month or less is pretty lame. So, I vow to 5 minutes a day from now on. After all, what's 5 minutes in the grand scheme of things? Less time than it takes to make a cup of finely brewed tea. Less time than it takes me to walk to the bus stop or jump in the pool for one last swim before firing up the grill. If I can do those things in 5 minutes or less than I can do this in 5 or less too. At least I think I can. Time will tell. As long as the good weather holds out it will be tough to stay indoors for even 5 minutes, but I'll try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As mama use to say, "If ya don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!"