Sunday, February 10, 2008

Immersed in art

It's been a busy few days art wise. I had several swaps I made ATC's for, including one I'm hosting. Plus the completion of a Goddess doll for a swap. I'm amazed I was able to get so much done this week with all the mayhem at home: sick kids, dr's appointments, the drudgery of housework & laundry. It just goes to show that you can carve out time for art everyday even with a hectic home life.

These six ATC's were for a Funky Zetti swap I'm in. Each one is hand-drawn using various markers.


This is one of the ATC's I made for a Hand-drawn Day of the Dead swap. I love Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos) imagery so couldn't resist joining in on another swap featuring them! Actually, I've joined two swaps with DOTD themes. I have a few more cards to make for this swap and then I need to do the ones for the other which is a Zetti DOTD swap. I'm hoping to get to them today.

And last, but certainly not least, is the Goddess doll. The shells were collected by me on Casey Key, which is located on the West coast of Florida. The legs and bottom of the doll are filled with popcorn seeds to enable her to sit up on her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As mama use to say, "If ya don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!"