Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Journal Page 2.23.09

Yesterday I was thinking how nice it would be to live in the Mediterranean. I don't know why I think it would be, other than everything I've ever seen or read about that area makes it sound as if life is simpler, slower, more family oriented and less materialistic. I know the weather would certainly be better than it is here in New England, something I would truly love!!!

We try to live a simple life here, but with all the outside influences it's difficult to keep things truly simple! Everywhere you go, every way you turn there's a barrage of media and materialism. Even a simple dinner out isn't simple because most restaurants have TV's blaring news and commercials all the time. Not my idea of a quiet dinner out with the family. This journal page reflects my thoughts on Mediterranean life.




No comments:

Post a Comment

As mama use to say, "If ya don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!"