Wednesday, February 4, 2009

OK, I'm impressed. I've been reading a lot of the speeches & interviews our new President has given and what he says is impressive. Is he truly what he seems to be? Hell, I don't know. But I do know that he's eloquent, incredibly charismatic, seems to speak from the heart and for the people. I can't help but be drawn to him and what he says. Something that completely amazes me.

This passage from a talk on capping executive salaries reflects what a whole bunch of us think:

This is America. We don’t disparage wealth. We don’t begrudge anybody for achieving success. And we believe that success should be rewarded. But what gets people upset – and rightfully so – are executives being rewarded for failure. Especially when those rewards are subsidized by U.S. taxpayers.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I received a cool mail-art postcard today from my friend Raine. Which reminded me that it's been ages since I've sent out any cards through Post-Crossing. So tonight I went on their site and requested a few names & addresses of people to send to. In the morning I'll have cards going off to Japan, Finland, Germany & the UK. The gal from Japan doesn't want any homemade postcards so she'll be getting a store bought one instead. Too bad as I think the handmade ones are way cooler than any store bought one could ever be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

As mama use to say, "If ya don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!"