Thursday, January 15, 2009

Books

I picked up a couple of new art books today & have been visually devouring them all afternoon. I love seeing how other artists work, finding out what inspires them & being inspired by their creations. Both books focus on collage, painting & mixed-media, but offer two totally different styles and a whole bunch of varied techniques.

The first, which I've wanted since it first came out, is Collage Unleashed by Traci Bautista I've admired Traci's work for quite a while now so am thrilled to get an insider's view of how she works. I love the way the book is set up. Lots of eye-candy, cool fonts used throughout and enough techniques & project ideas to spark anyone's creativity.


The other is Taking Flight by Kelly Rae Roberts. I've been seeing a lot of Kelly's work in Cloth, Paper, Scissors the past few months and found it full of lighthearted spirit. when I saw she had an inspirational book out I had to have it! It's as good as it looks and definitely worth picking up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As mama use to say, "If ya don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!"