Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Journals VS. Diaries

I've been a journaler for as long as I can remember. Even as a child I would add paint, drawings, images, etc. to my journal pages. Other girls kept a diary, locked with a tiny lock and opened with a tiny key. Not me, I had a journal. What's the difference? To me the difference is what goes on the pages. A diary is a written account of daily life. A journal is an expression of emotions & thoughts visually then enhanced with text. The text in a journal can be a design element, can be simple, bold, small or large. It's the images that help convey the meaning.

Is a journal better than a diary? No, they're just different. just as summer is different from winter, night is different than day and the ocean is different than the desert. They each have their unique qualities. Each is just as important as the other yet they are not the same. Different is a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As mama use to say, "If ya don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!"