Sunday, January 11, 2009

Relaxed


Today was a nice, relaxing day. We had snow again so I didn't venture out. I'm pretty much a home-body in the winter so don't go out unless totally necessary. When it's snowing I like to stay in and enjoy watching it fall instead of going somewhere & dealing with messy roads. I often wonder why I live in such a cold climate since I'm not a fan of the cold!

I spent the better part of the day on the back porch, wood fire burning to keep me warm & painted journal pages. I managed to paint 20 pages. Not a record amount, but a decent days efforts. Five are for the Prompt A Day on-line class I'm participating in, the other fifteen are in a large, spiral bound journal I've just started.

In between painting I sipped hot tea, soaked in the hot tub to ease sore muscles (it was brutal walking outside to get to the tub but so worth it once in there!), snuggled my boy & the critters, watched hubby install the new dishwasher and just enjoyed life in general.

Tonight I'm working on collaging the pages I painted & getting completed pages scanned in so I can share them. Nothing terribly exciting, but for me it's one of the best ways to spend an entire day: Creating, relaxing and hanging with those I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As mama use to say, "If ya don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!"