Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hopeful Journal Page


My pages are reflecting the hope I hold in my heart for peace in the Middle East and the dreams of hope flowing through my own nation. With the Inauguration behind us I think most Americans are looking toward the future with hope in their hearts.
I never expected to be emotionally moved watching the Inauguration on television. Hell, I'm not the highly emotional type. I rarely get all worked up unless something major is going on in my life. So imagine my shock over the appearance of tears in my eyes. You could've knocked me over with a feather!
If my dad, the die-hard Republican, ever hears that I got all chocked up over a Democrat being sworn in as President he'll probably keel over. Either that or he'll assume I was all choked up because it WAS a Democrat and not a Republican.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As mama use to say, "If ya don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!"