Monday, January 19, 2009

Shitty Art

I've seen & heard of some pretty bizarre creations that pass for art, but this is just too frickin' much! Sotheby's is auctioning off a piece of shit. Literally. It's called CLOACA FAECES by the Belgian artist Wim Delvoye and is included in their February 6 sale taking place in London.

Estimated price is 2000-3000 GBP. Not sure what that converts to in American, but no matter what it is it's way too much to pay for a piece of crap in a box!!! Check out the auction listing if you don't believe me. You too will shake your head & wonder why you didn't save all that dog crap or baby poop to use in your art since it goes for so much at Sotheby's!


2 comments:

  1. So Sotheby's is now literally selling shit.

    Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Just when you think you've seen it all! I think that I'm pretty open-minded about what classifies at art but.... I'm speechless...and anyone who knows me knows that that's a very rare occurrance for me.

    ReplyDelete

As mama use to say, "If ya don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!"